Glacier Blue Metallic Flake
4 Fluid Oz Bottle of Glacier Blue Metallic Flake .004″ for use in Paint, Airbrush, and Powder Coatings (that’s four-thousandths of an inch). The great thing about these little metal flakes is that they still have a big reflection – without all the extra work of those bass boat flakes. The problem is, with larger flakes you need to do a lot of surface prep after spraying them. With our tiny flakes, you can still get a metal flake spray job and great sparkle without all of the flake sanding and prep work before applying your final clear coats. Small enough to spray through an airbrush and HVLP fine nozzle, with the benefits of the old school flakes sprayed by the legends of custom paint and powder coating. These Glacier Blue Metallic Flakes are truly classic in a custom paint job.
Our Glacier Blue Metal Flake additives are very versatile and can be used in so many applications.
How Much Do I Need? Click Here.
- Great for Airbrush, HVLP Guns, Brush on Applications, Powder Coating equipment, Dip Sprayers, Concrete Sealing, Leather wipe-on coatings, and Plastic Manufacturing.
- Micro Flakes are .004″ in size, and are the easiest to spray with no knockdown and easy to cover. They go around door edges and hood edges seamlessly. High impact without the work.
- Mini Flakes (.008″) are for people looking for more flash, and willing to work a bit harder.
- Bass Boat flakes (.015″) are for those who just plain want to get that 70’s big flake look and are willing to work for it.
- Flakes have a temperature tolerance of 400 degrees, making them fine under heat lamps and in Powder Coating Booths.
- A little bit goes a long way. When you use about a tablespoon per quart, “One Jar Does a Car.”
- Solvent resistant. Used in Automotive Paint, Nail Polish, Dip, Epoxy Concrete Sealer, Water-Based Coatings, Powder-Coatings, Fiberglass, and even Elmer’s Glue ®.
We now offer all sizes of flakes in many of our popular colors. We personally like the small flakes, because of the ease of use, but there are a lot of people out there who want larger metal flakes, so we are giving them to you.
Creating a great Glacier Blue metal flake paint job is super simple with our flakes. Just choose your base coat (black is good if you want the paint to take on the color of the flakes), and add a heaping tablespoon of our flake to any base clear coat (although we recommend a base clear for mixing the flake into, like PPG’s DBC-500, or HOK’s inter coat clear).
Keep in mind, that even though they are called “Glacier Blue metal flake” additives, most of our flakes are made from special solvent-resistant polyesters that can withstand the chemicals in the clear coat. See our tips pages for more information, our download our instructional PDF. Remember, unlike some flakes that people dust onto wet clear-coat dry and spend about 400 bucks for 20 jars of flake to paint a single auto, our system is much more efficient. As we say around here, “One jar paints a car.”
Not only are all of our Metal Flakes completely compatible with vehicle dip, we were the first to supply the dip companies with pigments. If you have any reservations about whether our products work in vehicle dip, you should know that we were the pioneers who introduced Plasti Dip Pearls to the world.
Shop with us…the leader in paint and Pearl Pigments Since 2005
|Dimensions||2 × 2 × 2 in|
.004 Micro Flake, .008 Mini Flake, .015 Bass Boat
4 Oz.Jar, 1 Lb. Bag (6 jar value)